MERV 13 filters are high efficiency filters typically used in situations requiring very clean air such as hospitals, general operating rooms and clean air-sensitive commercial buildings. MERV 13 can also be used in HVAC systems for your home. They are recommended for systems made more recently, as they can have a very high initial airflow resistance that increases as the filter collects dust and dirt.
MERV 13 Air Filters effectively reduce pollen, dust, pet dander, mold spores, dust mites and other allergens from your indoor air; helping to improve allergies and alleviate sinus irritation. This helps reduce watery eyes, itchy throat, coughing, and sneezing, as well as symptoms of asthma. MERV 13 Air Filters also extend the life of your heating and cooling system by making it work more efficiently.
Features & Benefits
- Efficiency: Increased initial particulate efficiency MERV 13 (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) per ASHRAE 52.2 /Extended dust holding capacity
- Media: Electrostatically enhanced, 100% synthetic fibers–Graduated density / built-in prefilter layer
- Resistance: Low initial resistance to air flow/Longer service life/Savings in operating / energy costs
- Moisture Resistant: Inherent hydrophobic characteristics of synthetic media–Non-corrosive materials
- Anti-microbial: Synthetic components non-supportive of bacterial / microbial growth
For more information about Pleated Merv 13 Filters, download the specifications sheet: